Re: Threading of messages

On 03/03/2017 11:13:28 AM Fri, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Jack:

On 03/03/2017 10:49:01 AM Fri, Jack wrote:
I give up trying to understand.  This message immediately showed up correctly threaded.  Maybe it's just me,
but something seems non-deterministic.  It's also possible I'm not paying attention to some relevant detail.
I think perhaps in the previous case, the folder was already open, so the message went to the bottom.  In
this case, it was closed, so got fully threaded when it was openend.

That's likely the reason: the code has to check whether the folder is open, and the intent is to schedule an
immediate rethreading when a message is added to an open folder. Apparently the reality is different from the
intent!

OK, this is weird--my reply *did* get threaded in, when it was filtered into an open folder! Maybe there's a
race somewhere--the mailbox code is full of idle callbacks, and perhaps the order in which they're handled
makes a difference. Sigh...