Re: Threading of messages

Hi Jack:

On 03/03/2017 10:49:01 AM Fri, Jack wrote:
On 2017.03.03 10:39, Jack wrote:
On 2017.03.03 10:36, Jack wrote:
Only used it for a short time so far, but it looks good for me.  First few mailboxes seemed threaded on
opening (mbox and maildir).  Found one mailbox not initially threaded (JWX with date ascending sort) but the
threading was there after closing and relaunching Balsa (caching?).  I wont have much time to play with it
more carefully until next week.

Thanks for testing!

However, when my reply arrived, it was moved to a "balsa" folder per a filter, but stayed at the bottom until
I manually re-threaded, when it moved into the correct place within the thread.  Not sure if that particular issue was
something you addressed yet or not.

I give up trying to understand.  This message immediately showed up correctly threaded.  Maybe it's just me,
but something seems non-deterministic.  It's also possible I'm not paying attention to some relevant detail.
I think perhaps in the previous case, the folder was already open, so the message went to the bottom.  In
this case, it was closed, so got fully threaded when it was openend.

That's likely the reason: the code has to check whether the folder is open, and the intent is to schedule an
immediate rethreading when a message is added to an open folder. Apparently the reality is different from the
intent!