Re: Threading of messages

On 2017.03.03 10:36, Jack wrote:
On 2017.03.02 20:10, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 02/23/2017 09:00:36 AM Thu, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
..
It's been a long time since I looked at that code, and I need to get familiar with it again. As I recall, sorting and threading are implemented uniformly for all types of "local" mailboxes (i.e., not POP or IMAP), but caching the structure between sessions may be implemented differently for Mbox, MH, and Maildir. It would help to know if the issue is seen in all types or in only one type.

I pushed a patch to master (commit 5bcf76a1ea70d9b775ed3278bb27abed66a500ba) that should fix at least part of the threading and sorting issue. It may add some overhead when messages are either added to or removed from a mailbox. If you get a chance to test it, please share your observations.

Hi Peter,

Only used it for a short time so far, but it looks good for me. First few mailboxes seemed threaded on opening (mbox and maildir). Found one mailbox not initially threaded (JWX with date ascending sort) but the threading was there after closing and relaunching Balsa (caching?). I wont have much time to play with it more carefully until next week.

However, when my reply arrived, it was moved to a "balsa" folder per a filter, but stayed at the bottom until I manually re-threaded, when it moved into the correct place within the thread. Not sure if that particular issue was something you addressed yet or not.