Re: webkit2 and copying

Hi, Jack,

On 06/07/2017 07:18:11 PM, Jack wrote:
On 2017.06.07 07:56, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
First - I realize I misread something in your original message, which slightly misdirected my earlier reply. You (and I) are currently using webkit2. I believe only webkit is deprecated, not webkit2 (but the numbering certainly leads to some confusion, as I remember.) Then, you were asking what might be different with gtkhtml4.
that's right: I have been using webkit2 because I remembered webkit was deprecated and I couldn't get gtkhtml installed.

[snip...]
So these are specific to distributions that use dpkg/apt and friends, which is why I don't have any of them. However, I still don't see how your grep-available example found libgtkhtml-4.0-0 but apt-get install did not find it. (I would ask if by any strange chance, it is already installed, except you said that ./configure didn't find it.) This seems like a question for your distribution. One off the wall suggestion - what happens with "apt-get install gtkhtml" in case the version numbers are not considered part of the package name?
# apt-get install gtkhtml
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package gtkhtml
#

Not sure why that is -- I'll ask around at the Debian user list if anybody has an idea.

Thanks so far!

Andreas