Re: webkit2 and copying

Hi, all,

On 06/06/2017 02:38:14 PM, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
I have built balsa with the following configuration:

$ ./autogen.sh --with-gpgme --with-gpg-app=/usr/bin/gpg2 --with-html-widget=webkit2 --with-spell-checker=gspell --with-rubrica=yes --with-libnotify --with-canberra --enable-smime --with-gtksourceview --without-gnome --with-libsecret --with-compface

If I select text in a mail (or mail part, in multipart messages) with Content-Type: text/plain and right-click it, the menu contains an item "Copy". This item is missing for message parts with Content-Type: text/html, and copying the selected text manually by using <CTRL>+<C> does not work. However, I noticed that although I cannot copy the text to the clipboard, I still can highlight the text with the mouse and then paste the selected text via middle-click into another document.
I believe my claim was not entirely right. Let me be more specific:

I just received a mail with Content-Type: text/plain from a client. On right-click, the item "Copy" is missing from the menu, but I can use "Copy" from Balsa's Edit-menu, and I can use CTRL-C to copy text. Now, for the interesting part:

The mail was quite long, so I opened it per double click. "Copy" is still not available from the right-click menu. If I use "Copy" from the message window's Edit-menu or Ctrl-C, nothing at all is copied -- the previous clipboard contents is retained. So, copying works OK from the main window (list of messages in a folder), but not if you open a single message. How is that possible?

Best regards

Andreas