Re: Is there a way to fetch mail from only one server

Le 2017-12-21 à 18:49, Peter Bloomfield a écrit :

Good evening, Jack!

On 12/21/2017 06:26:30 PM Thu, Jack wrote:
Good evening,

I've got quite a number of remote email servers set, but sometimes, such as when adding a new one or testing because of problems with one, I need to repeatedly try fetching.  The is currently a nuisance, because Balsa has to cycle through the entire list every time, and even worse, I currently have one server (Yahoo, of course) which times out more often than not, at 30 seconds a pop (no pun intended).

If this is not currently possible, what is the right place to record it as a wishlist?

Thanks.

Jack

The only way to do that currently seems to be to uncheck the "Enable check for new mail" option for each POP server you're *not* testing--or at least for the annoying one.

Perhaps we could add a "Check now" button, say to the right of that "Enable…" check-box. Would that do the trick? It doesn't look like major noise in the UI, to me.

Opinions?

Maybe do what Mozilla (Thunderbird or Seamonkey-mail) does :
A button which opens a list, with option of checking all sources, or each source individually. Really handy if expecting an email from a particular source, as well as for testing. (Thunderbird replicates it in the page for each source, Seamonkey in a common area. Either way, checking any - or all - sources is always available.)

André