Re: [Patch] IMAP Code Simplifications

Hi Anatole:

Am 12.04.17 03:56 schrieb(en) Anatole Denis:
I happen to have an email server with GSSAPI auth (which I had never tried with balsa before). I'm happy to
report that with balsa recompiled with gss from current master I am succesfully able to authenticate with GSS
over IMAP.

Great, thanks a lot for testing!

Maybe this isn't relevant here, but while it did start automatically authenticating with method=GSSAPI over
IMAP without any configuration as soon as I had a ticket for the kerberos domain, I can't figure out how to
configure it to use GSS for SMTP.

Currently, the authentication methods are limited to LOGIN, PLAIN and CRAM-(MD5|SHA1) for SMTP (the same for
POP3, plus APOP and USER).  I shifted the code to a library within Balsa recently, so it would be relatively
easy to add GSS/Kerberos to both SMTP and POP3.

Unfortunately, all providers I have access to support LOGIN and PLAIN only (which is safe as they enforce
encryption).  I made the tests with the other methods using INetSim (<http://www.inetsim.org/>).  Do you know
a provider supporting GSS/Kerberos?  Which one?  Setting up Kerberos is a real PITA, so I would prefer to avoid it
if possible, or maybe I find a pre-configured Docker container...

By the way, since this is my first post to the list: thanks for Balsa !

Thanks; as always, any suggestion for improvements is highly welcome!

Cheers,
Albrecht.