Re: [Patch] IMAP Code Simplifications

On mar., avril 11, 2017 at 11:59 , Peter Bloomfield <PeterBloomfield bellsouth net> wrote:

Anyone out there using an imap server w/ gssapi authentication, who could verify the changes?

Yes, that would be great--I can't exercise that code either!

Peter

Hi,

I happen to have an email server with GSSAPI auth (which I had never tried with balsa before). I'm happy to report that with balsa recompiled with gss from current master I am succesfully able to authenticate with GSS over IMAP.

Maybe this isn't relevant here, but while it did start automatically authenticating with method=GSSAPI over IMAP without any configuration as soon as I had a ticket for the kerberos domain, I can't figure out how to configure it to use GSS for SMTP.

By the way, since this is my first post to the list: thanks for Balsa !

--
Anatole