Re: [Patch] Support GCR to display a certificate widget

Hi Albrecht:

On 10/23/2016 09:16:22 AM Sun, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi all,

the gcr library [1] includes nice widgets as to display, inter alia, X.509 certificates ([2]).  The attached
patch enables them.  However, they claim that the api is unstable, so I think support for it should be
experimental.

In order to pop up the certificate dialogue even for a valid certificate, temporarily comment out lines
292-293 in file libbalsa/imap/imap-tls.c:

/*  if(vfy_result == X509_V_OK)
    return 1; */

There might be more widgets we could use, btw. (like password entry).  Unfortunately, the library does not
include GnuPG or S/MIME signature display widgets.

Opinions?

Thanks for the patch!

Experimental support looks about right. I haven't been following Gcr development--perhaps the other widgets
will be implemented later. Committed to master.