Re: Generated files in git

Replying to myself:

On 10/05/2016 09:29:11 PM Wed, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi All,

I have a question about to handle generated files in the git tree. In the current tree,

make clean
make
git status

results in many messages about modified files doc/es/*.page (but not doc/de/*.page, etc.). All the files
{de,es,fr,sl}*.page are generated by "make"--should they be removed from the git manifest, and added to
.gitignore? Or should they continue to be part of the tree that you get by cloning the repo? Or is there some way to
suppress these messages, since they're triggered only for doc/es?

Other projects leave these generated files out of the git repo, so I've done the same for Balsa. Works for
me, but if you see any issues, please report!