Re: Master is again the master

Hi Albrecht!

On 10/05/2016 02:54:24 PM Wed, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi Peter:
Well, as Jack did already mention, the web page might need some "polish"...  And the gtk3/master version has *many*
untranslated German messages, but I hope the translation team will take care of that, now that this is "officially"
master!

Yes, now that the git structure is more conventional, we can look forward to a 2.5.3 release. If we announce
a string freeze on gnome-i18n we would probably get some attention to the translations. A while ago, you
wrote:

Things which might be candidates for fixes before release:
- weeding out deprecated stuff when we move to glib >= 2.40 and gtk >= 3.10 (easy)

Done--thanks for the patch!

- the spacing issue reported by Helmut
(<https://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2016-September/msg00002.html>) - no idea how complicated it is

It seems to be a rendering issue in GtkTreeView--probably needs someone with intimate knowledge of that
widget to diagnose whether it's an error in the way Balsa uses it, or an actual bug. I get the sense that
GtkTreeView no longer gets much attention from the Gtk folks. We could look for a different way to present
the message list using other widgets, but with a different look. That may have a longer time line than we
would want for a 2.5.3 release.

- the GtkHtml4 issue Jack reported (<https://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2016-August/msg00002.html>)

I have a kludge that magically avoids the seg-faults, but the vanishing content is still a mystery. Again, I
don't see it being fixed in the short term.

- Readme and Install instructions

Patches welcome!

- I would welcome if my POP3 auth issue
(<https://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2016-September/msg00000.html>) gets fixed, as I want to move
away from fetchmail, so I can encrypt my home folder... ;-)

Done--thanks for the patch!

- anything else?  I would still appreciate a consistent coding style, but that can definitely wait until
after a new release!

OK--it doesn't look like we can find a tool for mass reformatting of the code that would give results that
anyone would be satisfied with. We may have bigger issues lurking in some of the older code than format!

Best,