Re: [Patch/gtk3] Fix shrinking message list

Hi Albrecht,

On 06/22/2016 01:35:21 PM Wed, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi all,

I investigated the effect of the "shrinking message list" (see [1], item 1) in more depth.  Running balsa in
gdb, it seems that the events occur in gtk_main() which is difficult to catch.

Following a hint on the Internet, the only (and also simple) solution seems to be an idle callback which
rolls back the tiny adjustments made to the GtkPaned position after all child widgets have finally been drawn
in the main loop.

Thanks for digging into this issue!

The attached patch implements this, by simply rolling back these adjustments and shifting the connection to
the signal handlers to the idle callback.

I also noticed that the main window is shown twice, so I removed the respective call in main.c (alternative:
remove the call in src/main-window.c, line 2366).

Opinions?

Cheers,
Albrecht.

[1] <https://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2016-March/msg00013.html>

It all looks good to me--pushed to the branch!

Best,