Re: [Patch/gtk3] assorted fixes

Hi Peter:

Am 04.06.16 20:28 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
To test the html2text part, I installed it with "dnf install html2text", which actually installed the
python-html2text package, and a script of the same name, but no script named html2text (nor a sym-link). Is that the
same tool you used under a different name, or is your tool something different?

I think these are different ones.

Html2text is a tool written in c++ [1], and available under this package name on Ubuntu/Debian.  However, the
Python scripts are also supported [2, 3].

I changed AC_PATH_PROG to AC_PATH_PROGS and added python-html2text to the list, and it seems to work. Does
that seem right to you?

Yes!  Actually, the Python scripts seem to be the better choice as they preserve the paragraphs by inserting
a blank line.  They are named differently on Ubuntu and Debian, though, so I think the best approach would be
using

        AC_PATH_PROGS(HTML2TEXT, [python-html2text html2markdown html2markdown.py2 html2markdown.py3
html2text], no)

in configure.ac.  Not sure about the naming on other platforms (e.g. SuSE), though...

For our simple requirements, html2markdown* and html2text all seem to work just fine (at least on Ubuntu)
without additional command line options.  Apart from that, sending html-only messages is a bad idea anyway,
so I wouldn't invest too much effort to beautify the output...

Cheers
Albrecht.

[1] <http://www.mbayer.de/html2text/index.shtml>
[2] <http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=xenial&searchon=names&keywords=html2text>