Re: [Patch] use glib for digest calculations (was: Re: Sv: Balsa release?)

Hi Jack:

Am 29.12.16 19:12 schrieb(en) Jack:
openssl s_client -starttls imap -connect your.provider.com:143

I get a timeout for yahoo, at&t, and gmail.  (AT&T email is actually run by Yahoo, although it's an att.net
server.)  As far as I can tell, all three should support this.  (I mainly use POP3 with balsa on my main desktop PC,
but I use IMAP on my laptop, tablet, and phone.)  I'm using openssl 1.0.2j.  Is this likely a configuration issue on
my part, or are there known problems with any of those providers?

Maybe they don't support IMAP w/ STARTTLS over port 143, but only IMAPS (port 993)?  I.e. you have to say

openssl s_client -connect your.provider.com:993

as to negotiate the ssl connection *before* starting the protocol.  At least for yahoo, this works:

<snip>
albrecht@deneb:~$ openssl s_client -connect imap.mail.yahoo.com:993
[... snip the certificate stuff ...]
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 ID MOVE NAMESPACE X-ID-ACLID UIDPLUS LITERAL+ CHILDREN XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE
XYMHIGHESTMODSEQ AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=XYMCOOKIE AUTH=XYMECOOKIE AUTH=XYMCOOKIEB64
AUTH=XYMPKI] IMAP4rev1 imapgate-1.8.1_01.20166
0001 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 ID MOVE NAMESPACE X-ID-ACLID UIDPLUS LITERAL+ CHILDREN XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE
XYMHIGHESTMODSEQ AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=XYMCOOKIE AUTH=XYMECOOKIE AUTH=XYMCOOKIEB64
AUTH=XYMPKI
0001 OK completed
</snip>

I.e. yahoo doesn't support CRAM-MD5, only LOGIN and PLAIN (plus some non-standard extensions like XOAUTH2,
etc.).

Cheers,
Albrecht.