Re: [Patch] use glib for digest calculations (was: Re: Sv: Balsa release?)

Hi Albert,

On 2016.12.29 12:36, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Am 29.12.16 18:17 schrieb(en) Jack:
On 2016.12.29 12:06, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
For the hmac stuff (imap_auth_cram), you need access to an imap server supporting the 'CRAM-MD5' authentication mechanism. Unfortunately, I don't have access to such a server (dovecot supports it, though), so (iirc) I extracted the old and new methods from the source to compare their output.

Is there any easy way to tell (from the client side) if an imap server supports this?

Yes! E.g. if your provider supports IMAP with TLS over port 143, simply run

openssl s_client -starttls imap -connect your.provider.com:143

I get a timeout for yahoo, at&t, and gmail. (AT&T email is actually run by Yahoo, although it's an att.net server.) As far as I can tell, all three should support this. (I mainly use POP3 with balsa on my main desktop PC, but I use IMAP on my laptop, tablet, and phone.) I'm using openssl 1.0.2j. Is this likely a configuration issue on my part, or are there known problems with any of those providers?

Jack