Re: [Patch] use glib for digest calculations (was: Re: Sv: Balsa release?)

On 2016.12.29 12:06, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
For the hmac stuff (imap_auth_cram), you need access to an imap server supporting the 'CRAM-MD5' authentication mechanism. Unfortunately, I don't have access to such a server (dovecot supports it, though), so (iirc) I extracted the old and new methods from the source to compare their output.

Is there any easy way to tell (from the client side) if an imap server supports this? Also, do you actually need access to he server, or can you test from the client side based on server response? I'm only asking as I'm willing to help test, assuming the answers to the above questions indicate it is even possible.

Jack