Re: apparently new odd behavior

On 2014.05.11 18:51, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 05/07/2014 11:01:47 AM Wed, Jack wrote:

I recently started noticing an odd behavior in Balsa (2.5.1 on Gentoo Linux with kernel 3.12.13 and xorg-server 1.15.0). The first time I click anywhere in a message, if there is a vertical scroll bar, the message scrolls up to just below the header area. If I have all headers displayed, it scrolls up a little more than that (not past the end of the header, but more than the collapsed header would be). This is annoying, because if I'm trying to click on a link, I'll miss it the first time, and on a few occasions, I've even clicked on a link I was not aiming for.

I'm seeing the same thing--can't recall when it began. For a while I seemed to see it only in HTML parts, but I believe it also happens in text/plain parts. But I never made the connection with scroll-bars--prolly they show up more in HTML parts.

Scrolling was substantially changed fairly recently, with no buttons and the new left-click behavior (absolute positioning instead of paging). This quirk may date from the same changes. We'd need a minimal test case to get any attention to a bug...

Thanks for confirming. I suspect any text message over twenty or so lines would work, although to be sure you don't have to make the window smaller than usual, more would help.

One additional thing I have noticed: if I select a message, and then read it by scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel, when I click, it does the same thing, even if I've scrolled all the way to the bottom. I guess the first click does the absolute position before it figures out what was clicked on. Are you thinking it's something in the Balsa code itself, or some odd interaction with some underlying library that may have recently changed?

Jack