Re: problem with balsa from cygwin-ports

On 2011.09.09 20:05, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Jack!

On 09/09/2011 03:35:20 PM Fri, Jack wrote:
Sorry for cross posting, but I'm relly not sure if this is an underlying balsa issue, a cygwin-ports specific issue, or just something in my configuration.

I'm using balsa 2.4.10 from cygwin-ports under Windows Vista Home Basic. Overall, it seems to be working just fine, and I finally got both receiving and sending (via yahoo mail) working. However, I can only receive mail once. If I try a second time, the console says "Already Checking Mail."

Is there any debugging I can do? I had previously tried compiling my own version of balsa with the cygwin toolchain, and was getting some strange errors - however, I also got them with the packaged version and got rid of them with a rebaseall. I just have not yet tried compiling again since then.

Oops--my bad!

Balsa has been using a POSIX mutex in a way that has undefined results. Seems that on Linux it's sane, but that's not guaranteed, and apparently it's different on Windows. The master and gtk3 branches of git have been fixed, and the attached patch should apply to the 2.4.10 tree (but I can't be sure!).

Yes, that works! I'll try to forward it to the cygwin list. I think my first message to them didn't get through since I subscribed from a different address.

Thanks.

Jack