Re: Startup strangeness

Peter,

This is a follow-up/revision of my previous response to this. I was going to response instead to your post with the original patch, since there were comments that explained some of the behavior better - but that was to me and balsa-maint, not the group.

First, now I understand that the order of tabs for the other open mailboxes is effectively random. As a future enhancement, it would be nice if Balsa actually remembered the order - otherwise what is the point of being able to drag tabs to change the order?

The problem now is that it still does not seem to remember the last open mailbox. I see "CurrentMailboxURL=" in the config file, but never with any value. If the Inbox is open, that is what is displayed, whether or not the "open inbox on startup" is checked or not. It is also displayed even if it was not open, if "open inbox on startup" IS checked. If Inbox is not open, and not opened on startup, I can't tell how it chooses which mailbox to display.

However - only the one mailbox is displayed. The other open mailboxes are opened without being displayed - so the startup appears much smoother, without the flickering.

Is there anything else I can test to help track down the problem?

Jack