Re: Startup strangeness

Hi Jack:

On 06/12/2009 04:52:33 PM Fri, Jack Ostroff wrote:
On Balsa 2.3.28 (although it was the same on several previous versions) balsa seems to have latched on to a particular mailbox to open at startup, no matter which one I'm in when I close, and whetner I close by closing the window or using Ctl-q. "balsa -i" has no effect, and "balsa -o folder" gives me a popup 'Couldn't open mailbox "folder"' and I've tried several of my folders with the same result (all mbox format). I'm on Gentoo Linux, and I can't find any mention of problems on their forum or bugzilla.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot or figure out what's going on?

I just pushed to git-master some changes that should help. Specifically, the mailbox that you are working in when you exit Balsa is the first opened when you restart it, and any others opened on restart will not flash by, so you can start work immediately.

If you don't have "View: Show Mailbox Tabs" checked, you might want to check it from time to time. You may find that you're opening some mailboxes that haven't been used in a long time, which can only slow Balsa's response at open time.

Best,