Re: scanning '' for tag number failed

Hi Mişu!

On Feb 22, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Mişu Moldovan wrote:
În data de Lu, 18 feb 08 la 15:08, Mişu Moldovan a scris:

It's been a while since I haven't tried Balsa, but I've still followed the mailing list and I'm interested in the latest developments so I'm currenty trying it again... But from the beginning I am getting this error when accessing a mail with attachments on an IMAP server:
[snip]

I've managed to make it work by using a ~/.balsa dir from an old backup and changing the settings of the IMAP servers to adapt to my actual setup. Strange...

Yes, that is strange. BTW, the logs that you mentioned in your first post weren't attached--at least, not to the copy I got from the listserv. I don't speak IMAP too well, but I might be able to help...

Sadly, after not using Balsa for an year and a half I find it has serious issues when using two IMAP accounts at once and in general the IMAP support is not that great. I know I used to live with it but I find it hard to do that again, unfortunately. I could delve into details if there is some interest. I could also beta-test the fixes, if any.

A quick summary of the details would be helpful.

I love the interface though and I think it's more than nostalgia. It has the cleanest and most functional interface of all GTK+ mail clients. It has it's idiosyncrasies (like not deleting mails when pressing "Delete"),

If you're set up to allow /desktop/gnome/interface/can_change_accels, you can replace the default key-binding for "Toggle deleted" to the "Delete" key--it's the first thing I do on a new box.

but I like it very much overall, with the GNOME integration and all.

Good to have you back!