Re: pcre problem

On 10.10.2007 00:49:21, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Dear Ildar:
>
> Am 09.10.07 08:16 schrieb(en) Ildar Mulyukov:
> > The recent version of pcre is 7.4. So it looks like I'm helping
> > balsa to be ready for the new version of pcre. ;)
> > Still, as the testcase doesn't indicate the problem, we have to do
> > something else.
>
> Yes, looks like that :-/  I downloaded the alt src rpm, built it on
> my Fedora 7 (on a ppc) box, and (surprise) couldn't reproduce your
> error. Otherwise, I at least could have run balsa in gdb or ddd, with
> a break point in get_url_reg() to see what *exactly* happens.  I
> don't think it's a mem corruption or something like that as it is
> perfectly reproducible on your machine.
> This is really bad, and I must admit that I'm completely lost here.
> Anyone else having an idea?
>
> Sorry 4 the bad news,

Albrecht,

I've spent some time to look at sources yesterday. They're simple and
obvious. So I think the reasonable direction to search is to build
libpcre with debug symbols and some traps. Let's see if it would give a
result.

People, please don't be bothered with the problem: it looks local.
Thank you all, who paid an attention.

Regards, Ildar.
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,