Re: Address-view in svn

Hi Craig:

On 12/16/2007 03:39:10 PM Sun, Craig Routledge wrote:
On 2007-12-13 11:07, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> Address-view is now in svn's trunk.
>
> A small down-arrow has been added to the right of the To/Cc/Bcc field, to
> make it clearer that it's a drop-down list (screenshot below)

Hi Peter!

I've tried this out and found that I have to hold the mouse button down
like a Mac menu. Is this intentional? I have a slight co-ordination issue
which makes me avoid Mac-style menus and drag-and-drop wherever possible.

Also, when deleting an entry, I have to click twice on the little "x" on
the right side.  Once to highlight the selection and again to actually
remove the selection.  Is this an upstream GTK issue?

Thanks for checking it out!

The click-and-hold issue with the address-type popup seems to be a consequence of the way GtkCellRendererCombo is implemented. I believe I have a handle on why it happens, but fixing it seems to be impossible in Balsa's code and difficult in Gtk. We might be able to fix it by reimplementing a simpler renderer, but I haven't even tried yet!

The need for two clicks to delete an address should be fixable, with a bit of low-level (GdkEvent level) trickery. Again, I haven't tried.

Both of these issues go away if you use keyboard navigation: get the keyboard focus into the address area, use the cursor keys to move it around, and use space-bar or enter to activate a control. But that's no excuse for broken mouse navigation!