Re: two problems

On 2007.10.15 02:21, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
On 15.10.2007 13:07:52, Mark A. Flacy wrote:
> On 2007.10.15 01:08, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
>> I thought in flowed mode this option would control the max length of >> reflowed text...
> Well, no, that's up to the displaying agent.
>> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt contains the gory details.

I meant the max length of stings in sent letter. That is after pressing SEND, when the letter is ultimately formatted. Do you mean that the RFC gives a precise figure, what length it should be?

I'm afraid that I don't understand what you mean here.

Did you perhaps read the RFC?  Especially sections 4.1 and 4.2?

From my perspective, if you have marked a paragraph as suitable to be re-flowed by the recipient and the recipient gets to select their margins, then what difference does it make to set the line width yourself? Any recipient is allowed to ignore it.

--
Mark A. Flacy