Re: Automatic address completion and general address handling

On 2006.02.17 02:50, Pawel Salek wrote:

In other words, there are two problems:

1. LDAP queries should not block the typing (I think I can look at this but no promises)

Well, not even that per se. After all, I normally know *most* of the characters in someone's name. It would be nice to be able to configure the auto-completion to wait for a period of time before the lookup.

.
2. the address widget should allow for easier address list edition (multiline widget?)

Or have the address book icon on the right pre-populate the "Send-to" side when you bring it up. Or have that bring something else up that gives you the multi-line edit or allows lookup.

How long does it take your server to answer a query? Are we talking about 1 second, 10 seconds?

Closer to 10 seconds.  A full query (when you bring up the ) takes ~30 seconds.

Pawel