Re: Automatic address completion and general address handling

On 02/17/2006 11:53:25 AM Fri, Mark Flacy wrote:
On 2006.02.17 05:57, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 02/16/2006 04:08:46 PM Thu, Mark Flacy wrote:
> Greetings,
>> The help text that is part of Balsa 2.3.10 mentions that...
>> "Also, some address books are expensive to lookup. You will > need then to press Ctrl-R to explicitly expand the alias."

I believe the issue is that LDAP books are *not* flagged as expensive, when they certainly should be! You can turn off auto-completion in Settings: Address Books: Modify, but that turns off both auto-completion and user-requested completion (ctrl+R).

Thanks for the patch, which solved the delay problem. User-requested completion still doesn't work. (Or it isn't bound to Ctrl+R or Ctrl+r.)

I don't mind looking in the code, but I cannot tell where or how that key sequence would be bound to a function. It doesn't appear to have a presence in any menu.

In the compose window, Edit: Reflow Selected Text is bound to ctrl+R by default. You can (sometimes!) change the binding by moving the pointer over that item to highlight it, and typing a new key combination.