Re: New mails in mailboxlist

On 05/27/2005 06:29:54 PM, Willem Riede wrote:
[ snip ]
I have on occasion wondered (but never investigated) how much work it would be to have the mail checking (and fetching?) be done by a separate thread, so that the GUI would never have to "freeze"...

Oh, it *is* done in a subthread--but the subthread may need to lock the mailbox while it updates it, or likewise lock the display, so it can still interfere with the UI.

Possibly Balsa is too conservative in these locks. On the whole, I guess, we err toward the conservative--some scrutiny of these practices would be great!

Best,