Re: New mails in mailboxlist

On 05/25/2005 03:29:01 AM, Misu Moldovan wrote:
[ snip ]
Actually the solution seems to be "good enough". When unchecking "Check INBOX only" with "Check IMAP mailboxes" checked I can easily distinguish between cached statistics and real statistics because the "not opened" subfolders have no value in the "T" field (total number of mails in that subfolder). However, there are now some moments in which Balsa's interface "freezes" for some seconds. I think it happens when it checks all the subscribed subfolders (I have ~30 of them).

Yes--you may see some messages in the status bar, if you've enabled them. That "freeze" is the reason for the "Check INBOX only" option!

Current cvs now saves the counts only if it has a time-stamp that will allow it to check their validitity when restored, which effectively eliminates IMAP mailboxes. So the behavior for IMAP should now revert to what it was before we implemented any caching.

Oddly enough, when I answer to your mail in Balsa, the compose window is empty, I had to copy and paste your reply in the compose window and indent it manually (arrghhh).

That's strange! It was delivered to you by the list-server, right? I have a copy delivered the same way, and can reply to it normally. Could you forward me a copy of what you received? I'll compare it with mine.

Best,