Re: New mails in mailboxlist

On 05/25/2005 10:31:37 AM, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 05/25/2005 03:29:01 AM, Misu Moldovan wrote:
[ snip ]
> subfolder). However, there are now some moments in which > Balsa's interface "freezes" for some seconds. I think it > happens when it checks all the subscribed subfolders (I have > ~30 of them).

Yes--you may see some messages in the status bar, if you've enabled them. That "freeze" is the reason for the "Check INBOX only" option!

But while it doesn't "freeze" long if it only checks inbox, the user loses the valuable indication that new mail is available in some other folder.

I have on occasion wondered (but never investigated) how much work it would be to have the mail checking (and fetching?) be done by a separate thread, so that the GUI would never have to "freeze"...

Regards, Willem Riede.