Re: Trouble with filters

On 05/06/2005 01:46:56 PM, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
Hi, Peter,
[ snip ]
After trying to add filters from my old list, I've got errors like
this:

Invalid filters Debian for mailbox Inbox
Invalid filters Curiosa for mailbox Inbox
Invalid filters Debian for mailbox Inbox
Invalid filters News for mailbox Inbox
Invalid filters Debian for mailbox Inbox
Invalid filters Security for mailbox Inbox

Looks to me like balsa doesn't like spaces in filter names anymore. Also, it could be that spaces in the names of mailbox-files might be problematic. How about using quotes in the config-file, i.e.
	Action-string="file:///mail/Lists/Debian/Debian Curiosa"
instead of
	Action-string=file:///mail/Lists/Debian/Debian Curiosa

In principle, Balsa can handle spaces in both filter names and file names. But those "Invalid filters" messages show that it wasn't working. The "MailboxFilters=..." line has a space-separated list of filter names, and spaces in filter names should be escaped ("\\" in GnomeConfig, used for gtk < 2.6, and "\" in GtkKeyFile, ued in gtk >= 2.6). Could you check those lines in your old config? Perhaps an earlier version of GnomeConfig used a different convention.

Best,