Re: 'Edit with gnome-editor' disabled?

On 03/29/05 08:13:39, Andrew Lau wrote:
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 03:06:20PM +0000, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
> Cheers guys,
 everyone knows(?) that switching between vim and any other text
editor  can be a pain. I've been doing large amounts my of hacking
in vim  lately and so I wrote my last mail through balsa's neat
'Edit->Edit   with gnome-editor' feature. However, after writing &
saving my  mail,   and quitting the application (yes, gvim), balsa
did not load the  new
> text.

Use the "set guioptions+=f" in ~/.vimrc

gvim has a nasty default of backgrounding after it's started and it
throws off a lot of newbies when they integrate it with other
programs.

Thanks, but I have come to rely on gvim forking on launch. What I need
is for gvim to not fork *only* for gnome apps, something I haven't
quite been able to do yet. Setting "Open with" on text/plain in Nautilus to '/usr/bin/gvim -f' gives 'execvp: No such file or directory', while just setting it to 'gvim' yeilds the above problem. I can't find any other way of passing parameters to gnome filetype associations.

Cheers,
Kacper