how do I make 2.3.4 run on a friggin' RH9?

hi,

I've been trying to make the new version of balsa (2.3.3 first, then
2.3.4) work on rh9, but without much success. And my patience is nearing
to an end, since I've never been really good at playing with rpm and its
rpm-rebuilding facilities.

The main reason for wanting the new version is due to the fact that the
only rh9 version available (2.2.6) likes a tad too much to crash (with
segfault, if I remember correctly) when there are too many "actions" in
rapid succession (like filtering 'em, clicking on them or somesuch) on
emails infested with either html or attachments or both, usually when
emails involved reach a number above 2.

Unfortunately I'm not really much good at tracing crashes.

I've been following sporadically your ml's archives, in the hope of
finding other people using balsa on a rh9 system.

Obviously, I've been trying to rebuild balsa from the src.rpm but it spat
me, near the end of the tedious process, the following errors:

> auth-gssapi.c: In function `ag_get_target':
> auth-gssapi.c:201: `GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> auth-gssapi.c:201: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> auth-gssapi.c:201: for each function it appears in.)
> make[3]: *** [auth-gssapi.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/balsa-2.3.3/libbalsa/imap'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/balsa-2.3.3/libbalsa'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/balsa-2.3.3'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Almost the same errors popped up in rebuilding from 2.3.4 version.

I'd really appreciate some help/hints/whatever.

Thanks in advance,
barbara.

| Barbara Pennacchi               barbara.pennacchi (at) istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|       Via S. Martino della Battaglia 44, 00185 Roma, Italia        |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |