Re: sendmsg-window width

On 02/21/2005 03:06:13 PM, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
[ snip ]
Aha! It was unclear to me what you meant with this before.
[ snip ]
Isn't there a way to make it replace the rest of the "Name <emailaddress> Identityname" with dots ("Name <emailadd.. Identityname")when things get too small? After all, the identity name is the only thing really needed to tell identities apart. However, just showing the identity name could work too, but isn't necessarily as nice.

Well...at first glance, g_object_set(renderer, "ellipsize", PANGO_ELLIPSIZE_END, NULL) should do exactly that--but when I tried it, the entries became longer (up to 32000 pixels!), and wouldn't even shrink as much (little) as before. There must be more involved than just setting the property--perhaps someone would like to experiment with it (in create_from_entry(), src/sendmsg-window.c).

What can be done about this?

Not sure ;-(  There's always a scrolled window...