sendmsg-window width

On 02/21/05 09:46:44, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 02/21/2005 12:34:52 AM, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
[ snip ]
Heh, you learn something new every day ;-)
now for how to fix the minimum width of the send-msg window...

Did you take a look at the strings in the From: header? On my box, the toolbar is no longer controlling--Gtk removes the right-most buttons and replaces them with a control that reveals them in a drop-down format. But the window stops shrinking when my longest identity (not necessarily the one showing!) hits its minimum width.

Aha! It was unclear to me what you meant with this before. I had tried to make one identity that only had a character in it, didn't think that you meant that the longest identity was the restriction. Also, when you said 'look at the strings in the widget', I immediately thought I'd have to go look at the source (and I did do that ;-).

In either case, it seems to me a rather silly restriction.. especially since this forced me to select identity names that were completely undescriptive(like 'f'), and since my full name needs to be in there, as well as whatever ass-long email addresses I have.

Isn't there a way to make it replace the rest of the "Name <emailaddress> Identityname" with dots ("Name <emailadd.. Identityname")when things get too small? After all, the identity name is the only thing really needed to tell identities apart. However, just showing the identity name could work too, but isn't necessarily as nice.

What can be done about this?

Regards,
Kacper