Re: Super Nested Threads

On 2004.11.22 01:32, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 11/21/2004 07:09:52 PM, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> http://homepage.mac.com/mpeters/misc/balsa_issue.png
> > Is there a solution to the problem I'm having (other than > turning of threaded view) in the image above?

Thanks for the kind words!

I guess we've all run into that issue; the mailing list archives appear to finesse it by limiting nesting to 4 levels--I've never studied how, but I suppose it's just a flat view of that level and deeper. It's probably not too hard to implement, perhaps with a user pref for the depth. Hmm, then "JWZ" and "flat view" just become extreme cases of the more general case...that's appealing!

What some clients and web forums do is that after the first
level of indenting, a message doesn't indent if it has only
one reply.

Like

  1 message
  2   reply to 1