Re: initial thoughts on 2.1/HEAD - trouble checking mail and otherproblems

On 2004.05.05 21:24, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Am 05.05.04 19:57 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
>>  interfere with current work. The only disadvantage is that a
>> separate  IMAP request will be made for the signature while fetching
>> all the  data  in one shot would be preferable - but this will
>> require some work.
>
>  I must admit that I do not understand balsa's imap operation in
> depth,  but  I don't agree here...
>
>  This additional code is only called when displaying a text part via
> part_info_init_mimetext() (balsa-message.c, l. 1989). This means that
> the  part would be fetched anyway in the next statement (via
> libbalsa_message_body_save_temporary), so calling this function after
> the  part has already been fetched in the 'rfc2440 routine should not
> trigger  the fetch again, shouldn't it?

What I meant was that we could fetch the text AND the signature in one
request (text+signature) instead of two (text,signature). Otherwise
your understanding of the code is correct, i.e. there will be no three
requests (text,signature,text).

Pawel