Re: initial thoughts on 2.1/HEAD - trouble checking mail and otherproblems

On 05/05/2004 11:29:04 AM, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
> On 04/29/2004 07:19:50 PM, Pawel Salek wrote:
> > On 04/29/2004 08:42:06 PM, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
> >> It most certainly did: I found that balsa is trying to talk to my
> >> server with APOP, even though I explicitly deselected "Use APOP
> >> authentication" in the account prefs. Here's the full dialog:
> >>
> >> POP S: +OK <joe@blow>
> [snip]
> > Therefore, the GUI setting of APOP is currently ignored. It should be
>
> > probably called "Disable APOP no-matter-what". Joys of
> > interoperability...
>
> I would appreciate this workaround, as there is no way I'll be able to
> convince online to fix their brokenness, and I can't really test HEAD
> without it.

It is in CVS now. We are in a middle of some major changes that aim at
reducing memory usage (so do not use CVS version now if you are not ready
to take the risk of crashes etc.) but apart from that we can release
2.1.3 any day now.

Pawel