Re: Spurious entries displyed in mailbox tree window

On 07/15/2004 09:51:29 PM, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 07/14/2004 11:25:35 PM, Willem Riede wrote:
> On 07/14/2004 07:53:21 PM, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
[ snip ]
>> You can in fact designate IMAP mailboxes for most of these
>> special mailboxes--but Outbox is required to be local, so
>> you'd still need a local name for at least that one.
>
> By editing the config file, or is there a way to do that
> through the GUI? (Meaning I've not figured out how to do it
> from the GUI if that's possible at all...)
>
> Thanks, Willem Riede.

If you have, say, a Drafts folder on your IMAP server, right-
click it (or select it and hit shift+F10), and one of the options
on the popup menu should be `Mark as Draftbox'.  My server
(Cyrus) automatically provides INBOX, Drafts, Sent, and Trash.

So I've told Balsa to use INBOX, Sent and Trash from my IMAP server.

It currently displays INBOX and Trash as belonging to the server, but
regardless of what I do, Sent is shown as if it were local. Balsa did
the same with INBOX until I checked the 'always display INBOX' box.

Also, in spite of having told Balsa several times that they no longer
exist, and having physically moved the files elsewhere, every time
Balsa is restarted, it shows local mailboxes called 'sentbox' and
'trash' - so it looks like the standard names are engrained in Balsa
somewhere to make it persist in showing them. FWIW, they are not in
the config file '.gnome2/balsa'.

Regards, Willem Riede.