Spurious entries displyed in mailbox tree window

I use Balsa with a bunch of mailboxes accessed using IMAP.
It still wants local mailboxes too: Draftbox, Outbox, Sentbox, Trash.
These are stored on disk in a directory named ~/.balsa
To my surprise, this .balsa directory is also used to hold two meta-
directories for each IMAP mailbox I have, it looks like this:

[wriede serve wriede]$ ls -1 .balsa
certificates
draftbox
outbox
sentbox
trash
wriede mail riede org-Balsa-body dir
wriede mail riede org-Balsa-part dir
wriede mail riede org-Commercial-body dir
wriede mail riede org-Commercial-part dir
wriede mail riede org-Correspondence-body dir
wriede mail riede org-Correspondence-part dir

The problem is, that in the Balsa GUI, it draws a folder icon for each
of those meta-directories. This causes a lot of visual clutter. These
would-be-mail-folders are not active, when I click on them Balsa knows
they're not really mail folders, it seems...

Does anyone else see this? If not, what am I doing different (wrong)
from everybody else? If I'm not unique, what can we do to get rid of
this clutter?

Thanks, Willem Riede.