Re: imap troubles

Damn me for a fool, this was going to the list not just to you, Pawel.
Przepraszam.

On 02/16/04 03:06:57, Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 02/16/2004 02:44:07 AM, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I can't seem to set up imap with balsa. I'm trying to add the INBOX
>> folder. I'm connecting to an IMAPS server and I keep getting the
>> message "CRAM-MD5 authentication failed."
>
> On the other hand, if you get a message about CRAM-MD5
> authentication, it means that the initial capability command has been
> executed properly so that the guess above is most likely invalid. The
> only thing I can think of is that the server advertises CRAM-MD5 but
> does not really support it and the authentication is supposed to be
> done with LOGIN command. What kind of server is this? Courier?

No idea - I've been using their squirrelmail interface until now, but
telnetting the box and giving it any two lines of characters gives:
* BYE Fatal error: tls_start_servertls() failed

How do I find out? Suppose I could axe the admins...

-Kacper

PGP signature