Re: imap troubles

On 02/16/2004 02:44:07 AM, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
> Hi all,
> I can't seem to set up imap with balsa. I'm trying to add the INBOX
> folder. I'm connecting to an IMAPS server and I keep getting the
> message "CRAM-MD5 authentication failed."

Are you sure that your server is accepting connections at imaps port? I
think it is much more common to have servers listening at ordinary imap
port and then requiring to start encryption via StartTLS command.

On the other hand, if you get a message about CRAM-MD5 authentication, it
means that the initial capability command has been executed properly so
that the guess above is most likely invalid. The only thing I can think
of is that the server advertises CRAM-MD5 but does not really support it
and the authentication is supposed to be done with LOGIN command. What
kind of server is this? Courier?

Pawe