Re: message selection on "next unread"

On 12/03/2004 07:51:07 PM, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
Cheers all.. I have another thing to add while I flood this list with stuff that's been accumulating for a while:

Up until not so long ago, selecting 'next unread' from a message would also update the selection in the mailbox list window, so one knew which message one was reading. Now, all it does is autoscroll to where the current selection is, and this does not match the message currently being read. Having depended on the previous behavior, what's happening currently is truly messing me up. Why has this been changed?

Iirc, the previous behavior was broken: `next unread' and the others should select the appropriate message relative to the one that's showing in the message window; what they actually did was show the next one relative to the message currently selected in the mailbox index.

So long as you have only one message window open, and you use only its controls to change messages, that works fine. But if you have two messages showing in separate message windows, it could be really confusing.

However...not highlighting the newly displayed message in the index wasn't a good idea, as you point out. The current cvs version now both: - selects the new message relative to the one showing in the message window; and
- highlights the new message in the mailbox index.

Thanks for pointing that out!