Re: Total amount of emails (IMAP)

On 08/12/2004 07:02:46 AM, Pawel Salek wrote:
On 08/12/2004 12:41:08 PM, Willem Riede wrote:
> On 08/11/2004 08:23:50 AM, Pawel Salek wrote:
>
> > This problem can be ellevated by using so called "fixed-weight"
> > property of GtkTreeView widget but last time we tried, it was still
> > buggy and it was decided to switch it off. Relevant patches have
> been
> > accepted and most recent gtk2 may be ok - I have not tested it yet.
> If
> > you have recent gtk2 library and you feel like recompiling balsa
> > #define TREE_VIEW_FIXED_HEIGHT in src/balsa-index.c. I have had
> > excellent performance with it - until balsa crashed (I use
> gtk2-2.4.0
> > and it is not good enough).
>
> Hmmm, when I try to do that I get:
>
> balsa-index.c: In function `bi_apply_other_column_settings':
> balsa-index.c:273: error: `col' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
>
> Did I miss something? Thanks, Willem Riede.

Bits rot. Just rename it to "column". BTW, more thourough tests of gtk-
2.4.4 still reveal some problems (but no crashes, at least) - see
bugzilla.gnome.org reports:  136496, 149935 - they make it pretty
difficult to use this mode in real life. I wish there was a gtk hacker
around to fix them. The performance is outstanding, though.

I've upgraded to the just released gtk-2.4.7 -- they accepted one of your
patches to the bugs above (attachment 30484). Still not perfect.
Love the performance enough to live with the quirks. The most interesting
one is that sometimes -- mostly when hitting 'next-unread' makes the index scroll to show a new message on the first line of the index window -- the 'unread' indication is not removed when the content of an previously unread message shows up in the preview window, but when I move the mouse over that line (no click needed, just mouse-over) the display does get updated (the envelop disappears and the font goes from bold to regular)... Do you see that?

Regards, Willem Riede.