Re: Outgoing mailing list support in balsa?

On 09/24/2003, William W. Austin wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:46:35 -0400 Kacper Wysocki
> <kacperw@online.no>
> wrote:
>
>> On 09/23/03 09:22:06, William W. Austin wrote: [snip] I manage
>> a soccer team and normally send out mail to a couple of small
>> mailing lists the larger of which has about 50 email addresses
>> on it. [snip] However although I have set up an address book
>> entry for this group of addresses, there appears to be a
>> limitation on the length of the combined addresses in the to
>> "To:" line, and that chops off the addresses after about 200
>> characters. Is the above a hard limitation, or is there a
>> workaround which I have missed?  (I have looked through the
>> code and haven't found where this is set if it is actually a
>> hard limit.)

I use Balsa exactly the way you describe: mail to myself, bcc to
several others. I just ran a test with over 200 bcc's, around
7,000 chars total, and nothing's truncated.

To be specific, the test used `balsa -m
"mailto:me@work?bcc=blahblah&bcc=...', not using an address
book--perhaps the limitation is in the address book, or its
interface with Balsa.