Re: Outgoing mailing list support in balsa?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:46:35 -0400 Kacper Wysocki <kacperw@online.no>
wrote:

> On 09/23/03 09:22:06, William W. Austin wrote:
> [snip]
>> I manage a soccer team and normally send out mail to a couple of
>> small
>> mailing lists the larger of which has about 50 email addresses on it.
>> [snip]
>> However although I have set up an address book entry for this group
>> of
>> addresses, there appears to be a limitation on the length of the
>> combined addresses in the to "To:" line, and that chops off the
>> addresses after about 200 characters.
>>
>> Is the above a hard limitation, or is there a workaround which I have
>> missed?  (I have looked through the code and haven't found where this
>> is set if it is actually a hard limit.)

> Not quite an answer to your question, since I'm not even using the
> address book here, but perhaps you should be using a listserv to send
> out your mails?
(SNIP)

Thanks for the reply - actually the same length limitiation seems
to apply to the To:, cc:, and bcc: fields equally.  And to be more
accurate than my original posting, the mail really goes to a dummy
address and everyone's address is in the bcc so nobody sees anyone
elses address.

Perhaps I *ought* to use a listserver; however, this has worked through
5 other mailers without a hitch and I'd just like to find where the
bottleneck in balsa is so that I (or someone else) can fix it.

Thanks,

William W. Austin                            waustin@att.com
                                                770 750-6954
         Life is just a phase I'm going through..."