Re: [Q] : could someone report success with filters on reception ?

Am 2003.09.18 12:41 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
> On 09/18/2003, Francisco Ortiz Santini wrote:
>> I must correct my previous report. I verified my settings for filters
>> and found that I set them awhile ago to act when exiting Balsa instead
>> of on arriving new mail. Sorry for the misinformation. On the other
>> hand, from an end-user point of view it looks to me a little confusing
>> having different filter settings in two separate menus ("Edit" and
>> "Mailbox"). Apart from the sophistication of the settings, they could
>> be overlooked by the average end-user (it even happened to me and I
>> consider myself a little above-average). Anyway, I will file a report
>> on filters now that I corrected the settings.
>
> I've always found Mailbox => Edit/Apply Filters confusing. `Edit' should
> always mean the same thing, and that should be editing a filter (as in
> Edit => Filters...).
>
> The Mailbox => Edit/Apply Filters menu entry pops up a dialog that
> allows me to attach or remove filters from the selected mailbox, or
> `apply' the selected filters to the selected mailbox. I guess that is a
> kind of editing, but perhaps `Manage Filters' would be clearer...or even
> just `Filters...'? (It is on the Mailbox menu, after all!)

And if the Filters-menu for a mailbox get an edit-rule and add-rule
button?
Together with removing Filters from edit everything would be great :)

just my 2ct :)

cu
/Steffen

--
 /"\
 \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict

PGP signature