Re: [Q] : could someone report success with filters on reception ?

On 09/18/2003, Francisco Ortiz Santini wrote:
> I must correct my previous report. I verified my settings for
> filters and found that I set them awhile ago to act when
> exiting Balsa instead of on arriving new mail. Sorry for the
> misinformation. On the other hand, from an end-user point of
> view it looks to me a little confusing having different filter
> settings in two separate menus ("Edit" and "Mailbox"). Apart
> from the sophistication of the settings, they could be
> overlooked by the average end-user (it even happened to me and
> I consider myself a little above-average). Anyway, I will file
> a report on filters now that I corrected the settings.

I've always found Mailbox => Edit/Apply Filters confusing. `Edit'
should always mean the same thing, and that should be editing a
filter (as in Edit => Filters...).

The Mailbox => Edit/Apply Filters menu entry pops up a dialog
that allows me to attach or remove filters from the selected
mailbox, or `apply' the selected filters to the selected mailbox.
I guess that is a kind of editing, but perhaps `Manage Filters'
would be clearer...or even just `Filters...'? (It is on the
Mailbox menu, after all!)