Re: Update on gmime in balsa + some TLS comments

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 09:17:16, Brian Stafford wrote:

>>> This is probably not worth to optimize at this stage.
>>>

>> glib has some IO stuff (gmime uses it iirc). I'd say this would be a
>> correcter thing to use but I won't compromise to this statment till I have
>> an harder look at it :)
>

> maybe, maybe not - though since I wrote siobufs I'm biased.  The reason
> libESMTP didn't use glib was primarily portability and few dependencies and

balsa already has a glib dep :) I was thinking more in the direction glib io
channels can be integrated into the gtk loop, however I never actually played
with it myself (hence my original reserves)

> I've already used the siobufs code elsewhere and have been able to do so
> quite easily, which suggests the API is about right for generic use.
> Shortly I will need to write a pop3 client (libPOP3?) for another project
> so it seems like it might be an idea to split libESMTP into two.  This

My original comment about ripping siobufs into balsa was, do we really want
to have 2 copies linked into balsa ? (ie, split siobufs or conditionally
build balsa/siobuf)

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(a)ma.ssive.net - http://chbm.net/
0x1FC57F0A FP:0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A