Re: Compose window options

On 2003.03.16 18:20, Albrecht Dreß wrote:

> Unfortunately, it's not possible to detect signed mails with
> attachments. In the index, the paperclip is displayed when the messages
> envelope is of type multipart/mixed, but the signed message is
> multipart/signed. We had to scan the complete mail for "mixed" parts,
> but the message stream is not available when the index is built (think
> of imap mailboxes). As an other approach, I now display a padlock icon
> in this column when a message is signed or encrypted. Opinions?

That's cool.
Perhaps one could extend the header-pane a bit more:

I think of something like a row (or column) of icons showing the status
(encrypted, signed, attachments, replied, new, unread, forwarded...) that
are clickable and show more information about this special topic in a
context-menu (e.g. sig valid (and the infos 'bout the key), the attached
files, forwarded to (that would have to be saved somwhere), replied with
the date...)

I haven't seen something like this before, but it would be very useful (at
least for a person like me, wanting to archiv everything) and informative
with no cost on usability and no wasting of space in the window.

If I think a little bit longer: a row on the right side of the header-pane
would fit perfectly...

> P.S.: btw, did you send your public key to a keyserver? I could not
> verify your signature, ang gpg says
>
> gpg --search-keys masterofheap@gmx.net
> gpg: key "masterofheap@gmx.net" not found on keyserver

no, haven't done this yet - I'm in the testing-state right now :-)
It's just a personal key for now...
Perhpas you can help me here: is a 2048bit key compatible to pgp on
windows?

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | "The opposite of a profound truth