Re: Some suggestions

On 2003.01.09 22:36 Laurent Duperval wrote:
> - When entering a large number of email adresses in the To: line, you
> can't see completion of the email messages at the right end of the
> entry widget. This is a bug.

I would love to have it fixed myself, too.

> - The addressbook functionality could use some sprucing up (but I
> guess that means revamping GnomeCard).
>
> - In the print menu, when you are doing changes, you only have two
> buttons: Apply and Cancel but the Apply button is always greyed out.
> You changes are taken into account but it's just weird behaviour
> froma UI perspective.

I recall the problem in my case was to match screen fonts with printer
fonts, and yes, it annoyed me too (basically, the font selection menu
is for "screen fonts" but not all of them can be printed for a reason
unknown to me. But, balsa could check each font and display a little
label: "change this font, it cannot be printed").

> - Signatures are not always appended correctly

You mean that "-- " separator should be at the beginning of the line.

> - It would be nice to be able to sort messages by subject matter or
> by sender. This isn't currently possible, I think.

I have a patch for this in works - but I have not commited it because
it did the sorting on UI side (that's the way the sorting is done now
for other columns), while the right approach is to allow the mailbox
driver to provide a sorted view of the mailbox (very useful
particularly with IMAP). The change becomes then more elaborate since
The-Right-Way is then to implement the GtkTreeModel interface for
LibBalsaMailbox to save both time and memory.

> Overall, great work! My thanks to the developers and hopefully next
> week I won't complain so much. :-)

Thanks for providing the feedback. Some of us (particularly myself)
just get used to these little quirks and forget how much they can be
annoying. Such a reminder is a very useful thing.

Pawel